I’ve been working hard on two major projects for the last couple of months, really taking over my work life and reducing time out actually shooting.
Well this week the first came to the first major milestone and huge pressure has lightened. The second rumbles, the second opens next week and it is something i am really proud to be involved in: Assignments 2019, the regular exhibition from theBPPA (British Press Photographers Association) showcasing the work that press photographers do.
Not only have I been involved in the design of the website along with the social media images and campaign, I was also asked to be a curator due to my thoughts on Entertainment photography.
Here are the basic details but if you would like more information head over to the website assignments.thebppa.com where you can also see previous years images.
In my role of Social Media and Web officer for theBPPA, I have been working on the marketing and launch of our forthcoming “Assignments” exhibition, the details of which may be found below…
The exhibition of the best of British press photography returns – this time on Londons South Bank – taking over the Barge House at the OXO Tower.
The opening night is Thursday 16th May – and will run until the 19th to coincide with London Photo Week.
We are doing things slightly differently this year – full details on the website – but here are the key facts:
- Entries open on April 1
- Entries close April 12th
- Pictures taken between 31st August 2017 and 14th April 2019 are eligible
- We have increased the maximum number of pictures you can enter to 10 this year
- There is a £10 registration fee to help us pay for everything
- There is NO framing fee this year – our friends at Canon and Fixation are very kindly picking up the bill for us!
- We will be doing the “catalogue” and the “contact sheet” again
- (every image entered makes the contact sheet – so you can choose your own favourites)
- Everyone who enters gets a pair of invites to the opening night party!
- The exhibition is open to BPPA members – but if you have lapsed or haven’t got round to joining you can do so now
Check out the Assignments website for the full rules and details of how to enter: https://assignments.thebppa.com