I mentioned in my last post that these writings would be more about my workflow, thoughts and practices and less about camera equipment reviews.
The next few posts will revisit my mobile workflow and the use of the iPad as a very serious tool (laptop replacement), starting with this very basic overview.
My mobile (travel) kit consists of;
- IPad Pro M1
- Gold and Cherry iPad keyboard case
- Apple Pencil
- Apple Magic Mouse (Series 2 preferred)
- Lightroom Mobile (Adobe photography plan inc. Photoshop)
One of the key improvements over the last couple of years of using the iPad has been the multitasking (various split screens, slide over etc) and later posts will show how the applications can work together in a similar way to a full blown computer (mac or otherwise).
The workflow outline:
- Create Collection in Lightroom for job
- Import from memory cards direct into collection
- Select and edit photos in lightroom
- Add titles
- Create a collection in ShutterSnitch for the job
- Share images to ShutterSnitch collection which completes the captioning and sends via ftp
- Archive the images
The next post will start to detail the intricacies of using Lightroom efficiently and outline some possible pitfalls (there are a few!).